HOPPIN' THROUGH LIFE WITH LOVE

HOPPIN' THROUGH LIFE WITH LOVE
Life is good. Life is very good!

Monday, October 22, 2007

To Sophia's tummy Mommy

The lovely girl, that I hold in my arms, is now 2. She is such a gift. She is beautiful both inside and out and I am blessed. You gave me a gift and you have been left with an empty hole in your heart. I looked up tonight and prayed that God would give you a sign, one you would be able to understand, to let you know that your precious baby girl is safe, loved and cherished. My heart breaks for you. To loose a child and be forced by your circumstances to abandon that which is most valuable to you is beyond heartbreaking. Sophia has these most wonderful characteristics that are likely passed from you. She has big and beautiful eyes that shine bright. She is witty, ever so curious and inquisitive. She is lovely and has the sweetest smile. She is happy and knows she is loved. Every night, she hugs me tight, she gives me slobbery wet kisses and I am reminded at how my joy is your loss. You made the greatest sacrifice when you gave Sophie to us. You will always be in my heart and prayers. I will always uphold you with honor and let Sophie know of the love you have for her. She grew in your tummy, and continues to grow within my heart. I promise to love and care for this precious gift, to let her know about China and the beauty of her homeland. I will give her opportunities to know what it means to be Chinese and American at the same time. I will never meet you and you will never meet me, but we share this common child. Without even knowing you, I love you. You gave my daughter life. You are her tummy mommy and we will never forget you. Lisa

1 comment:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Beautiful.