HOPPIN' THROUGH LIFE WITH LOVE

HOPPIN' THROUGH LIFE WITH LOVE
Life is good. Life is very good!

Friday, July 13, 2007

A letter to Sophie's Chinese mom

Dear Sophie's Chinese mommy,

Today I found the place where you laid our little girl. I looked around and saw all the people and the police station and my heart felt warmth because I knew that you had specifically chosen a place to lay your newborn baby down, so that she would be found instantly. I think of how you must have hid, watching from a distance to make sure the precious child from your womb was taken and being cared for. Your heart must have ached for her. You must have cried and felt enormous pain. This special child from your womb was never again to be placed in your arms or in your care. As I looked around today I wonder what your circumstances were. Assuming you were not prepared to handle Sophia's medical needs, you must have decided to let her go in order for her to live the most normal and healthy life possible. You gave Sophia away, and part of you was given that same day. Fate and law have created a situation that we will never meet face to face. We will never be able to embrace. You will never see the love that I have for this precious child. I hope that somehow, somewhere you will feel peace. I hope you know that your precious baby girl is greatly loved and cared for and that she is such a gift to us. We can never repay you for what you have given us, but we love you and will always tell Sophia for your deepest love for her. We will allow her Chinese roots to be remembered and be a part of her life. We will talk of China and the beauty of Kunming and the place she was born. We will never let her forget you and the gift you gave us on that cold October day. Thank you.

Sophia's mommy

5 comments:

Karmen said...

This post is just SO precious. It made me cry my eyes out! I am SO enjoying your journey and thank you for keeping us so well informed. Many blessings to you!

Karmen
www.babybernacchi.com

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That was wonderful.

Leslie said...

That letter is as sweet as you are Lisa. So loving your journey, and your doing so well posting everything. Thanks for sharing with us all. Sophia is adorable.

PS, I received my TA today, and should be leaving on August 2nd...YEAH

Leslie

jennifer and charlie gebhart said...

Beautiful.

When we traveled to bring home our precious baby girl, we weren't able to go to the city where she was from. I will always miss standing in the exact spot that our daughter became an orphan.
You are so incredibly fortunate to have this memory.

God bless you and your precious child.

jennifer

Vanessa said...

Adam and Lisa, How wonderful to have Sophia. You two are very special people not just because you have adopted a little Chinese baby but the strength, devotion, and love you have for ALL your children. Much love, Vanessa